• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Claw problem

RT03

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone, noticed some blood on my piggy’s claw the other day but it was all dried and nothing seemed to be bothering him. But woke up this morning and it almost looks like his nail is detaching itself. It hard to explain how it looks and he won’t sit still for me to get a good photo😂 it’s a little bit red around the top of the claw and maybe slightly swollen but nothing major. just wondered if anyone has had anything similar and if it’s something to be worried about.

Attachments

• IMG_6589.webp
    IMG_6589.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6590.webp
    IMG_6590.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone, noticed some blood on my piggy’s claw the other day but it was all dried and nothing seemed to be bothering him. But woke up this morning and it almost looks like his nail is detaching itself. It hard to explain how it looks and he won’t sit still for me to get a good photo😂 it’s a little bit red around the top of the claw and maybe slightly swollen but nothing major. just wondered if anyone has had anything similar and if it’s something to be worried about.

Hi

Just disinfect it and let it grow out. The nail (and the quick) will grow back, even if it comes off. These things happen.

I would however give the nails a little clip; they are quite long which makes the risk of catching greater.

Back