Chronic bar biting FIXED

AbraCassandra

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
John Wheek has been a chronic bar biter for many years and it's actually deformed his front teeth.

We've finally found a solution. Acrylic...Sheets.

My desk is next to his cage at shoulder level so he always always chews the bars to get me to give him treats. I usually will put some of my scrap paper in front of him to stop him but I hated how it cut off his line of sight to me SO we cut some acrylic sheets to just fit that area and no more biting. PROBLEM SOLVED! and it's safe for him, he doesn't know where the edges are. One edge is behind his chew toy that he never uses and the other edge is behind his hay hammock.

One pic without flash and one pic with. Hopefully you can see the flash of the camera to see where the acrylic is.

Attachments

• 20220523_111504.webp
    20220523_111504.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220523_111615.webp
    20220523_111615.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 15
John Wheek has been a chronic bar biter for many years and it's actually deformed his front teeth.

We've finally found a solution. Acrylic...Sheets.

My desk is next to his cage at shoulder level so he always always chews the bars to get me to give him treats. I usually will put some of my scrap paper in front of him to stop him but I hated how it cut off his line of sight to me SO we cut some acrylic sheets to just fit that area and no more biting. PROBLEM SOLVED! and it's safe for him, he doesn't know where the edges are. One edge is behind his chew toy that he never uses and the other edge is behind his hay hammock.

One pic without flash and one pic with. Hopefully you can see the flash of the camera to see where the acrylic is.
Think I need to do that with my girls as the smallest one is a bar chewer when wanting treats

I've had to do this for Red as he wore his front teeth to stumps. He winds himself up into a complete frenzy bar biting. We put clear slide binders down the edge so he can't hurt himself on the edges.

IMG_0371.webp
We also use these on the edge of the corex to stop them eating it!

Back