chirping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
At 2.45 this morning i was awoken by this weird sound, half asleep i presumed it was the hamsters on their wheel then realised they aren't in our bedroom.  ::)

It was one of the piggies chirping, i don't know which one (Bubble or Squeak) because i daren't turn the light on; it went on for approx 10 mins & stopped only to start again 20mins later.

I've read about this mysterious chirping before but never heard it & why she did it is a mystery. Some people say if a piggy has been startled, some say if they're in season.   :-\

Here's a link to a piggy chirping http://www.guinealynx.info/behavior.html#chirping. click on "Nina Chirping"

Wow, how amazing. I have never heard my boys do it (probably too lazy ;D), I would love to hear it in real life though :)

lavenderjade said:
Wow, how amazing. I have never heard my boys do it (probably too lazy ;D), I would love to hear it in real life though :)

I have to say it was surreal, i'm  hoping to hear it again & want to see who's doing it  :smitten: :smitten:

Not one of my piggies have ever done it, they're lazy too ;D

thats a really strange noise! lol never heard any of my pigs do that!
the degus all froze when i played that clip lol ;D

In all the years I have owned piggies I have never heard it would love to hear it from one of my bunch :smitten:

I'm convinced this is some kind of a mating call. Jacob woke us up last night doing this. It is an unusual sound but it does get really annoying when you're trying to sleep and its continuous! He did it a couple of hours ago too and I managed to video him, I thought he'd stop when he saw me but didn't. He had a fixed look on his face and was frozen like a statue. Sadly I don't think of it as a particularly happy sound. It makes me feel really sorry for him because he's acting out his most natural behaviour and yet won't be getting a female. He has been chasing Teddy round and trying to mount him all evening.

Over the weekend they're going back into their revamped area, much more space so I hope it'll take his mind off over things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back