Chewing Skirting Boards

• Thread starter Thread starter Pigletpye
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pigletpye

My Piglet is addicted to chewing our painted skirting boards when he's having a run about the house. We've tried to stop him by giving him wood blocks in his cage and the knaw blocks you get from pet shops, but he's just not interested in them has anyone any ideas ?

He also likes plastic bags if he gets chance but we manage to keep these away from him

keep him away from them is the only advise I would give ;D (not too helpful I know)

People ahve said on other posts like this to put something that doesnt taste great on whate being chewed, but from what I remember that doesnt work :-\

Might be worth giving his teeth a check as maybe they need trimming? :)

My Iggle loves the skirting boards! He has constant access to things to chew but always makes a bee line for the skirting board. He is an extremely naughty boy though and I'm sure he just does it because he knows I don't want him to!

I just keep a close eye on him when he's out in areas where he can get at the skirting board and move him away if he tries to nibble!

My little baby Pansy chews the skirting board, but i just have to keep a close eye on her too. :smitten:
i've heard about the stuff that makes it taste horrible too, but i don't really want to give my piggies chemicals, even if they are safe, if you know what i mean!? 98)

Mine have chewed wallpaper off the walls! I live in a student house so I'm going to have a job explaining that one ::)

duke was on my bed the other day and picked up a £20 note with his teeth lol luckily I saw him otherwise bye bye £20!

Mine are good about chewing, the only thing they have a go at is the legs on the wicker chair . . . but they always pee where our full length curtains are :tickedoff: It has happened so many times now I have to hook them over the back of the chair . . .

Skirting boards are a fav for my boys but only do it behind the sofa where i cant see what one is doing it and when i go over to them they look to say " It wasnt me mummy" ::)

I've been waiting for my boys to do this when they're having their run. Our utility room has got a really nice wooden ledge at the bottom of a window which goes to the floor and I'm just waiting for them to sink their teeth into it! If it's not too much to do, could you fold newspapers lengthways so the skirting board is covered, or is it the whole room?

:) Our Emily used to rip wallpaper off the wall ::) she didn't touch the newspaper in her cage but always made a beeline for a certain corner and ripped the paper given a chance. Try stuffing a bag with a bit of hay or put some cucumber in there for him when he has a runaround. A paper bag that is ::)

Well aparently its something in the paste they like same with puppies in ref to the wall paper

GinneaGuinea said:
Well aparently its something in the paste they like same with puppies in ref to the wall paper

Thanks for that, very interesting! :)

GinneaGuinea said:
when my 2 dogs were puppies they chewed the wall corners right down to the breeze blocks underneath the plaster, none of my pigs chew on anything other then pulling on towels blankets and clothes

When the person who moved into my last house takes a close look at the skirting in one room, he will wonder what on earth has been happening! I had one piggie who would not leave the skirting alone! In the end, I had pieces of cardboard around the sides of the room to prevent him getting there.

Mostly, though, my girls don't bother about nibbling stuff they're not meant to. I think they think they're too good to stoop to that! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back