Chewing On The Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelhide

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i wasnt sure which one to post it in.
my two girls will chew on the bars of thier cage, and i know its not because they dont have enough to chew on. they chew on thier boxes, and they have wooden chews, which they dont use, and they have veggies chews, and a hardend parsley bowl (it was a treat from the treat from the pet store it had dried apple in it), and a squrille thing that said it was for guinea pigs to chew on. and they wont chew on anything but thier houses and the cage. and food of course. and they popcorn alot, so I'm pretty sure they arnt unhappy.
I'm worried they may get stuck, o break thier teeth.
what should i do?

The only thing you can do is cover the cage bars. You could try pegging fleece. I have a cage biter and nothing stops her at all.

I've heard of people putting something onto the bars that their piggies don't like the taste of. (Obviously nothing harmful to them!)

That way they learn not to chew them because they taste horrible! I've never personally done this but it could be worth a try.

I've heard of people putting something onto the bars that their piggies don't like the taste of. (Obviously nothing harmful to them!)

That way they learn not to chew them because they taste horrible! I've never personally done this but it could be worth a try.
that sounds like a good idea, same as what you do with dogs. put some yucky stuff that tastes nasty but wont hurt them

Sadly I have no tips at all. All 4 of mine bar chew but they only do it when they know its time for dinner and I haven't yet given them it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back