• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Chesty guinea pig

• Thread starter Thread starter Hay-a-holics
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hay-a-holics

Sorry I haven't been on for an age.

One of our piggies (Giggles) chest is sounding rattley, she's off to the vets soon. She's had no fugal skin infections but I was wondering if it's possible for guinea pigs to get a fungal lung infection even without having fungal skin? Although it could also be bacterial or a bad cold.
Will update when I know more.

I agree,best get to vets asap because she may need an antibiotic.

Are the eyes/nose runny and is she eating and moving normally?.

It is possible to get systemic fungal infections internally without an external problem.This would be fairly unusual though.

One of my boars used to get URIs. This could be what you have from the sound of it. His eyes also used to run and the vet suggested that might be allergy to hay. We started to use megazorb bedding and he improved no end - no more URIs or runny eyes.

I'm beginning to sound like a megazorb rep. I don't make money from that stuff, honest! But I do think it's fab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back