• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Chester has some crusty stuff...

• Thread starter Thread starter guinea_girl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guinea_girl

My Chester has this thick crust on one of his front paws....looks nasty and a small patch of the same crust right under his nose...any ideas on what would have caused that? I never had one with the kind of crust before...

BTW, Lenny has shrunken down in the size of his belly and runs around all the time now. He is doing well. :)

Yes, a scab would be a better word for it...I am working for a while longer today. Maybe I can get a pic of it later. It does looks like scabs though. What would cause a fungal infection? :-\

I've had something similar with Duke he got the scab / crusty nose and it looked a bit pink and he kept on rubbing his nose with his front paws continually. It must be itchy and annoying so they do this thinking it's helping all it's really doing is aggrivating the problem and it quite often transfers from nose to foot or foot to nose, double whammy >:(
I used a fungal cream very very sparingly on the tip of a cotton bud / cue tip (everyone calls them something diff hope you understand what i mean) and i carefully wipe this on the nose area don't get any into the eyes tho. You could ring the vets and ask their advice as it may not be what Duke had, it would be better to get him seen to. Once you find out it will clear up i'm sure :)

Oh that's brilliant news about little Lenny :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks for the advice. It must be what it is because it looks like the photo ONLY up under that guinea's nose. It doesn't look like that dark stuff next to that piggies lips. When I looked at it yesterday, it looked like it was almost gone. I will wait another day or at the end of today and if it is still there, I will try the ointment sparingly. Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back