• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Checking if this pee is ok!

aly13

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, been seeing some pees this color and a rusty orange too for a while now. I do have two young pigs and I heard somewhere young pigs can have more orange pee? Theyre also fed red/orange peppers and some red lettuce daily, and sometimes carrots if these could affect it. I'm pretty sure its just a combo of these things and oxidizing but can I get some reassurance? Thanks!

Oh and the pinky red part on the right is just a red photo from the other side of paper coming through in the wet. IMG_20240812_180426.webp

Hi, been seeing some pees this color and a rusty orange too for a while now. I do have two young pigs and I heard somewhere young pigs can have more orange pee? Theyre also fed red/orange peppers and some red lettuce daily, and sometimes carrots if these could affect it. I'm pretty sure its just a combo of these things and oxidizing but can I get some reassurance? Thanks!

Oh and the pinky red part on the right is just a red photo from the other side of paper coming through in the wet. View attachment 254677

Hi

It looks within the normal range of pees to me.

Back