Cheap Hay anyone know?

• Thread starter Thread starter shard25
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shard25

does anyone know where I can get some good quality but not too expensive hay please as I brought some from Dolittle's (a pet store) when I brought my boys and I tried some last night with Herbie and it is absolute rubbish!

It is supreme natural Meadow Hay (or so the bag says) But it has got way too many little bits in and the hay isn't that long.

I will try and use it as be I can as I will sit there and sife all the little bits out if I have too (Short of cash at the moment)

It was £2.49 a bag and the stuff I buy from my local pet shop is £1.40 which is still a bit bitty but it is much better than this stuff.

Any ideas would be helpful but I can't go too far as I don't drive and only use buses.

Thanks Sarah x

What area are you in? If you let us know, it is likely a forum member who lives around tht area can tell you where they get theirs or try online.

www.dustfreehay.co.uk The more you buy, the cheaper it is and it does last

www.planetguinea.co.uk Profits go to the Reading guinea pig rescue

Have a google and look at various sites to find the best deal :)

Sorry Lavender I never thought of saying where I live lol.

I come from Wolverhampton in the West Midlands so if anyone can help me that would be great thanks

wilkinsons hay is quite cheap, at £1.99 per bag, sometimes they have it on offer at 2 for £3.00.
It would be cheaper to buy it by the bale around £3.00 but then you have to have somewhere to store it.

Wilkinsons Hay is cheap but I was buying a bale every wheek to fill 2 lavender lodges and a Nero 3. So I have gone back to P@H for now. These websites how much Hay do you get? How long would it last if cleaning hutches out once a week? I spot clean every day the boys aren't dirty it's the girls that are! Can't believe how filthy the are! You'd think being girls they'd be clean but oh no not my two! :D

Louise
x

I was going to say I saw some in wilkos. Its just unfortunate we have no pet shops as such in wolves. The closest P@H is in Oldbury, which is quite a distance on the bus. :-\

The farm in wolverhampton where I go has some lovely hay at £4 per bale

anyone know a close farm where I can get some from then please?

Thanks

Katie hun we do have a couple but they aren't really that good hun (the pet shops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back