chattering teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
got my piggies saturday bit of bullying went on which i asked about on here thanks for advice any way yesterday and today one of them the bully one has started holding her head up and chattering her teeth is this a warning to stay away

Yup, get away or else ;D I didnt see your other thread so dont know how many piggies you have/sexes etc, but if all sows, she is telling the others to back off as she is the boss. Once the others accept it things should calm down. Sows don't fight to the degree boars do O0

Chattering = one angry piggie. No sows dont fight to the extent or boars but they can still do eachother damage, you need to be keeping a close eye on whats going on in the cage and if it gets too bad they may need seperating and reintroducing on a neutral ground :)

My girl is doing this too. She is so far doing it to what ever piggy I put with her. We have about decided after trying to renintroduce on common ground, that she is a rare kind: a people pig. She was an only pig for a year, so I don't know if this has anything to do with it, or if her being put with a male (unknowingly to us!) and having to fight him off gave her this attitude toward all other piggies, but she isn't getting along with of her kind so far....

Thanks for the advice, but our two piggies seem to be settling down a bit now but there is still one boss in the cage!

My two Sows used to be awful together at times I put a neutered boar in to sort the minxs out in the end ;)

hi

my girls still do this i've had them for a month now they have clamed down a lot now like you said there is 1 that is still the boss

good luck

:smitten: :)

My Sows still had major fall outs even at 9 months old to the extent I would have to chuck a towel over them. It mostly happened when one was in heat. They are fine together now with a a neutered boar though. I also have two sows living together and the bigger one can be a bit of a minx to the smaller one, but I do find them all cuddled up too. We all have our off days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back