Chartwell hutch 4ft specific measurements

AlexPiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am sorting out my girlies' winter set up at my new house, and our shed isn't very big so limited on space.

I wondered specifically if anyone had the 4ft double chartwell, what is the exact width of the widest part on the outside?

I need a hutch a few cms narrower than my shed to be able to fit some insulation in, but I think its going to be a logistical nightmare to find a hutch small enough but big enough for the girlies! And unfortunately we've got too much junk for them to have the shed to themselves :(

Thanks!

I don’t have this hutch but do know the Home and Roost website (which sell the chartwell) are very good with the measurements on their website. It states that the width including the roof (with its overhang so it is the widest part measurement) is 1220mm

A 4ft is minimum for two sows so is fine for them but being a double hutch does not double the floor space.

I don’t have this hutch but do know the Home and Roost website (which sell the chartwell) are very good with the measurements on their website. It states that the width including the roof (with its overhang so it is the widest part measurement) is 1220mm

A 4ft is minimum for two sows so is fine for them but being a double hutch does not double the floor space.
Thanks for the info. I think I was looking at it on a different website which did not have that dimension advertised.

4ft is the minimum but they will still be getting regular time out of the hutch for exercise, so hopefully will be happy enough through winter.

Will you be heating the shed? If it can’t be kept warm enough they can’t really have floor time in there.

Back