• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Charlie URI

• Thread starter Thread starter maisydaisystar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maisydaisystar

Poop and double poop,
When I went out to feed the guineas this morning I could hear a clicking sound, it turns out to be our recently adopted charlies chest clicking, so i'm guessing an uri, I hate these infections, have only had this problem once before, and i lost daisy from it, so i am quite scared.
The vets app is at 5.20 this evening,
do i need to bring him indoors so i can keep a closer eye on him, or should i leave him in his hutch with toffee? It's going to rain from today and over the weekend.
He is still eating at the moment so glad of that.
Any advice would be great please
X Paula

if i were you i would bring him in just where its a bit warmer

get well soon lil man O0 O0

now i'm confused,
after i fed them this morning, i took my daughter to school and popped into town, got back and posted this thread, then went out to check on him, no clicking sound at all??
so i am now confused, any ideas, have never heard him make a clicking sound before.
would i be able to hear a rattley chest?

i just searched the net and found the sounds they make to listen to, maybe i mistook the stay away i'm not happy noise for a uri, i have never heard this noise from the others before.it is like a clicking not a chattering?

'oh i can't hear any rattling when i put him to my ear

hmmm i would still take him to the vets just in case hun,its hard to tell when its like that :(

I agree, I would take him just in case...we all know how quickly piggies can go downhill :'(

good luck O0

I keep listening to his chest but he sounds the same as toffee does. am baffled

Sorry to hear about Charlie - I do hope it is nothing, it sounds odd that one minute it was there and now it's gone! Has he been doing any sneezing?

hi emily, no no sneezing,, he seems absolutly fine, he is on my lap at the moment.
there is a clicking sound they make to warn you to stay away, which i have never heard before, i found the sound on the net and it could of been that.
he sounds totally fine.
don't want to waste money on a consultation fee, if it's not needed, with the two partys we just had, money is a bit tight. haven't decided yet if i will go or not..
healing love for your guineas too x
paula

I dont know...if I were you id go as URIs can be awful if not treated quickly... :-\

You know what the sound was though....

Hope everythings okay! :D O0

i would take him to the vets, he just might not have developed all the symptoms yet. i nearly lost 2 pigs due to pneumonia and they had shown no symptoms. go with your gut feeling, if you don't go vets just monitor him very closely.

good luck

thanks. oh, bless him. hope he gets better soon. sending love, hugs and kisses to Charlie from me and my piggies... :-* :smitten: :-* :smitten: :-* :smitten: GET BETTRR SOON LOVE! :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back