Changing setup

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Good morning, I was just wondering if piggles benefit from moving things around in their set up our of they prefer out to stay the same?
Having just moved the 3 into the new shed I was wondering if they would like a change around. They spend lots of time in the turrets which are stuffed with hay, we put in hay trays, currently they have a box to run through, I scatter feed and they could have paper bags of hay as well as toilet rolls. We get them out on the grass as much as possible.
Don't get me wrong they seem happy as they have lots of space and each other to chat to but I was just wondering if it's enough?

I change Pepper and Pringles set up every time they get a full clean, they seem to love exploring the new places to hide and the new layout!
I think whilst their young it’s good to switch it about!

I do the same @rp1993 and the piggies always popcorn and run around as if it's a new cage. I don't always change all the hideys, I just move them around and swap out fleecy items for washing. I think it can be very enriching for their cage to be changed up 👍

I do tend to put things back in a slightly different place, usually more by accident really on clean out day rather than through planning, but I’m lucky in that my boys aren’t usually overly territorial particularly now they are older. I do find Pops will go on a little bit of a rumbling spree but it’s very different to his hormonal spring time rumbling and they do both seem to enjoy exploring after clean out day!

Back