Changing hay with a bloated pig?

PiggyPack

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi!
For those who know about Bea’s situation, I want to thank you again, she’s put back on 100g and is eating more than our other two combined! A hay rich diet really is helping her.

But I noticed today, our usual hay supplier has really been letting us down, it’s Helmes Hay if any of you UK folk are familiar. The sheer amount of dust is shocking and for a company that literally in big bold letters advertises ‘DUST EXTRACTED’ on the front, they are not at all doing their job.

So I’m really anxious to switch as I’ve noticed my piggies doing the occasional sneezes, I’ve been check on their noses and breathing and there’s no runniness or wheezing, so for now, I’ve concluded it must be the hay, but I’ll be continuing to check them in case and URI’s are brewing.

I’ve been looking to try dustfreehay.co.uk for ages now and I’m just wondering which one should I get. And would it be wise to switch with a debloating pig with a sensitive tummy?

Thanks again!

Hi, I get my timothy hay from haybox and in all honesty, I think it is the best hay I have come across. It is dust free, beautifully fresh/green and smells so sweet.

I am honestly not sure if changing hay would aggravate a piggies digestive system or not.

Back