Changing food

Tylerspigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I started switching my pigs from Kaylee pellets to oxbow pellets. I went through the process slowly by integrating a little more each week until they were completely switched. The got sick a few days ago and completely stopped eating. I have been giving them medicine and critical care but they still won’t eat the oxbow pellets. They only want the Kaylee pellets. How can I solve this and get them to eat the oxbow. I have tried opening a new bag and giving them fresh pellets from their current bag as I usually keep a couple of cups in a glass sealed jar So the rest of the bag is sealed and under their cage.

As they are poorly, then at this point I would not worry about what pellets they are eating and instead focus on hay intake and syringe feeding. Let them eat whatever type of pellets they want to eat while they are unwell (Pellets are the least important part of the diet in any event).

Once they are over their illness and eating hay properly again, then you can go back to integrating the new pellets slowly again to get them fully back to oxbow.

Back