Change in behaviour

piggy_smalls

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all!

So my Eddie has had a real behaviour change lately. He’s clearly very upset, showing off/acting out and nipping. Could this be related to changes in the home?

We’re renovating our upstairs bedroom at the moment so he isn’t having his usual zoomie time. Usually me or hubs will let him have daily supervised floor time in an upstairs bedroom where it’s safe for him to have free roam (no wires etc). He will normally zoomie like crazy and generally just have a brilliant time. He’s not able to do this at the moment given the house is in totally disarray and this behaviour started around the time renovations began.

I’m letting him have floor time in a different room but he hates it and it’s clear he’s either trying to get back to his cage or get upstairs to his play room. Is it normal for them to behave strangely when things are different? I’m assuming he’s just sensing things are off right now.

Btw it won’t be too much longer and things will be back to normal soon I’m just curious if it could be all the changes and stuff.

Ps pic of the handsome fella attached!

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4415.webp
    IMG_4415.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 1
Eddie is very cute! They do like their familiar stamping ground. He would be more confident if he had another guinea pig to form a herd with 🐾🐾

Hello handsome. Yes that could be it. Hopefully he will settle once he’s back in his normal routine. I assume he’s eating fine and not losing weight?

It could be that or a combination of that and the fact he is a teenager!

I know you had issues with bonding him previously and were then looking to get a baby for him - did that come off?

Eddie is very cute! They do like their familiar stamping ground. He would be more confident if he had another guinea pig to form a herd with 🐾🐾
I know. I’ve tried bonding him with two other males but neither of them took to him sadly so for now he’s still a bit of a loner. 😭

It could be that or a combination of that and the fact he is a teenager!

I know you had issues with bonding him previously and were then looking to get a baby for him - did that come off?
As we were going to get the baby, he started having a surge of testosterone (we think!) and he started acting out so we put it on hold. I’m glad we did because I’m not sure the baby would have been able to cope with his madness! 😆 We will look at it again I think once he’s settled down after the house upheaval and he’s a little older and settled. He is SUCH a teenager at the moment! 🙄

Back