Chamomile

The leaves you're holding certainly aren't. Chamomile leaves are fine and feathery. The flowers look similar to those, but I've always thought they were quite small.

:agr: They definitely are not chamomile leaves but we would not really be able to identify the flowers unless the leaves were intact with them. There are multiple types of ‘daisy type’ flower which are not chamomile.

There are a lot of white flowers from the Asteraceae/Compositae family. We'd need to see the whole plant to have a better idea of which this is.

German Chamomile looks like this:
EEB606CE-0519-4477-9BBD-8AD9595E57BE.jpeg
CB9353A5-7E83-4BA7-B324-FEBE2FE33775.jpeg

It is a self-seeding annual. Roman Chamomile has similar leaves and flowers, but it is lower growing an perennial.

The leaves you're holding certainly aren't. Chamomile leaves are fine and feathery. The flowers look similar to those, but I've always thought they were quite small.
Yeah I just meant the flowers, the rest was grass and cleavers. Thanks.

Yeah I just meant the flowers, the rest was grass and cleavers. Thanks.

Without the leaves that went with the flowers, we wont be able to accurately identify it as chamomile. The flowers could just be from any member of the Daisy family and may not be safe.

Without the leaves that went with the flowers, we wont be able to accurately identify it as chamomile. The flowers could just be from any member of the Daisy family and may not be safe.
I didn't give them to them anyway as I couldn't be certain. Next time I walk that way I will take a picture of the whole plant and post it for clarification.

The only description of the plant I can give is it was tall, maybe waist height to me (I'm 5 3")

Have you had a look through this thread? Safe wild weeds/plants you can feed your piggies

I took a look through and found what looks like your plant (page 2), so I think it may be chamomile.
Sorry I can not be much more help, I am hopeless with stuff like this :doh:
Don't worry I'm useless with plants too 😂

I couldn't be sure so didn't give them it. I'll post a pic of the while plant the next time I walk that way and hopefully a plant savvy person can clarify for me 😁

Hi

No, this is not chamomile. This looks rather like an oxeye daisy, which should not be fed on a regular basis.

Chamomile has much more feathery leaves and smaller blooms compared to an oxeye daisy. The yellow centre is larger compared to the white rim. You should get a chamomile smell when you rub the leaves.

picture - chamomile-flowers.webp picture - Chamomile.webp

Hi

No, this is not chamomile. This looks rather like an oxeye daisy, which should not be fed on a regular basis.

Chamomile has much more feathery leaves and smaller blooms compared to an oxeye daisy. The yellow centre is larger compared to the white rim. You should get a chamomile smell when you rub the leaves.

View attachment 225735 View attachment 225734
Fabulous. Thank you.

I didn't give them the ones I picked yesterday as I wasn't certain, now I know.

Thanks again.

Back