Cereal boxes?

arightcharlie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Is it ok to pop cereal boxes in the piggies’ cage at all? I know toilet/kitchen rolls are good (especially when filled with hay) but are cereal boxes?

Hiya. I just give my two brown cardboard if that makes sense. Nothing smooth, shiny or with lots of colour.

Hiya. I just give my two brown cardboard if that makes sense. Nothing smooth, shiny or with lots of colour.
I’ve decided to use them shiny side down under the cardboard at the bottom where they wee most. They won’t be able to get to it but it’s an extra layer of very thin protection just in case they soak through it all

I’ve decided to use them shiny side down under the cardboard at the bottom where they wee most. They won’t be able to get to it but it’s an extra layer of very thin protection just in case they soak through it all
Just a word of warning - cardboard like coral boxes isn't super absorbent, and because of how it i made it can get very smelly very quickly!
All brown corrugated cardboard is better, or something designed to be absorbent like puppy pads (disposable or reusable).

Just a word of warning - cardboard like coral boxes isn't super absorbent, and because of how it i made it can get very smelly very quickly!
All brown corrugated cardboard is better, or something designed to be absorbent like puppy pads (disposable or reusable).
Could they be of use just as an extra?

Do you know anybody who reads the papers, they are super for underneath fleece or hay

I use newspaper and the non shiny supermarket leaflets under fleece. I have occasionally used cardboard under the fleece when newspaper is short. I also use cardboard boxes as hideys. I line them with newspaper and put a fleece pad on top, that way they can last sometime before the pee gets to them.

Back