Cat Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilpalf

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm in the process of researching ready to get my first 2 piggies but I already own a cat. Someone mentioned to me today that I need to be careful about gap size in the bars of the cage to make sure the cats paws wouldn't fit through it.

I was thinking of getting a 120cm cage by Ferplast, I've seen a similar one today and the gaps are quite wide. The guy in the shop said all rabbit and Guinea cages were the same.

What do other cat owners do?

I have the 120, on a stand so it's not at ground level. Most cats get use to them after awhile, mine don't even bother with them anymore. If my little ones going abit crazy in the cage my youngest cat might stand on his back legs to see what's going on, But he's only ever put his paws in a handful of times and he's almost instantly regretting it when willows taken a nibble of his paw! :))

Alot of people freak out about keeping cats and guinea pigs, but my guinea pigs are so use to my cats now they don't get stressed at all. Same with the cats they actually sit and protect them from other cats if there out on the lawn in there run. I have a catflap and my guinea pigs are in the back room so I do cover them at night (leaving the ends open) just to avoid other cats coming in and sittig on top really. Tippy does occasional sit on top and watch them, but like I said my guinea pigs are so use to my cats now they aren't really bothered :)

I'd not really thought that the cat would put her paw through until this person mentioned it. To be honest I think my cat might be scared of them.

Is the 120 sturdy enough for a cat to sit on top of it then? I've read some reviews that say it is flimsy

I had that cage and the cat could not get her paws in the spacing.its a sturdy cage ,i would recommend the stand,and it is the minimum size for two piggies,if you are getting boars i would recommend bigger cage eg140/150 cms.my cat does not bother the guinea pigsmy cages and runs all have sturdy lids.

I'd not really thought that the cat would put her paw through until this person mentioned it. To be honest I think my cat might be scared of them.

Is the 120 sturdy enough for a cat to sit on top of it then? I've read some reviews that say it is flimsy

Mines sturdy enough, my cat who's an average size sits ontop and it doesn't buckle or bow. The stand is really sturdy! And handy as it has wheels and I can push it around and sweep/Hoover around it :)

My cats aren't really interested in the guinea pigs, I can usually have them all out together in the room. The only time it is a bit of a problem is if all are particularly playful as cat play is a bit too rough! They have never stuck paws through the cage. The dwarf hamster on the other hand doesn't get any peace! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back