• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Castrated Boars and females

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do all castrated boars get on with females. I have been trying to bond two males together one of them is not having it at all. If the owners get him castrated will he bond with a female ok.

Mary

Hi Mary

I have never had a problem with putting a neutered male pig in with some girls. I had one boy chatter his teeth a bit at first, but he soon forgot all about that and was more interested in other things. ::)

I know its not always plain sailing though and some have had problems, but just going on my own experience I have had none.

All the best

Deb x

Aww i just came on here to ask how the bonding was going Mary but i can see from your post it's not working . That's such a shame, is it Ginger or the other guinea pig that wasn't having any of it?. Hopefully they will bond with another piggie soon!

Julie

It would be more likely that the female would'nt like the boar. some boars still pester the female and chase them round the cage. Some females tolerate this, other retaliate and fighting may ensue. More often than not though I'd say they would probably get on. Its they same with us, some people you like some you don't. :)

woowoo30 said:
Aww i just came on here to ask how the bonding was going Mary but i can see from your post it's not working . That's such a shame, is it Ginger or the other guinea pig that wasn't having any of it?. Hopefully they will bond with another piggie soon!

Julie

No problem with Ginger but Butch is having none of it. His back end ( pom poms) have doubled in size and he is showing his teeth and spraying! And thats only with the sent of ginger in his cage! His owners wanted to know if he would be ok with a female if they got him castrated. I have the chance of having Ginger castrated tomorrow as we havent got many ops in.

Mary

Are you going to have him castrated tomorrow or do you think you will leave him?
It's a shame you haven't heard from the person with the 3 baby girls, if Ginger and Butch are going to be castrated then the girls could possibly of been ideal partners for them.

Julie

woowoo30 said:
Are you going to have him castrated tomorrow or do you think you will leave him?
It's a shame you haven't heard from the person with the 3 baby girls, if Ginger and Butch are going to be castrated then the girls could possibly of been ideal partners for them.

Julie

Well I think its best if Ginger is done, that way he can be put with the next female that I have in. (as long as its the right female) I shell see how I feel in the morning and see if I am feeling brave! I have no worries with Jackie doing the op, but wont beable to watch!

Mary

My neutered male lives (relatively) peacefully with his three girlfriends. Introductions were tough as I have a very dominant female - she is still definitely the top of the hierarchy despite Bart's hourly rumblestrutting. I've never seen that pig as happy as he is when he's with his ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back