Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziva

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Me again!

So I was planning to use a cardboard carrier to bring the piggles home but it's occurred to me that it would be useful to have a durable one for trips to the vets or for "holidays." Can anyone recommend any?

Ta

You might find that cat carriers are more durable. Lots of pet shops sell them. You can even take the top off so it's an upside down hidey :D I've always used a plastic cat carrier from pets at home.

I like the small size cat carriers with the wire fronts, you can attach a water bottle if you get a long wait at the vets.

That's the sort I mean Kerrie74. I've even used one as temporary accommodation for a very sick piggy that had to be isolated, room for lots of hay and a drink bottle, I could take him round the house and to the bedroom at night to keep a 24 hour eye on him.

We use a cat carrier for our two. Big enough so they can move around a little & we just put a towel on the bottom for them and some hay. Have no problems getting them out the door but it's just as easy to take the top off as well. It's come in useful for recent vet trips & I like knowing I have something safe to carry them in, just in case of emergency or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back