Carefresh

Toots33

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi, I normally use Carefresh in my guinea pigs hay trays but it seems to be out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know if there is a supply problem and could recommend an alternative bedding that’s similar to Carefresh?

I am in Canada and I have noticed a shortage here of Carefresh. I actually just switched to a different brand of paper bedding. I bought Full Cheeks bedding but I am not sure if you can get it there.

I am in Canada and I have noticed a shortage here of Carefresh. I actually just switched to a different brand of paper bedding. I bought Full Cheeks bedding but I am not sure if you can get it there.
Thanks, I think there must be a problem with the supply.

Most paper beddings would be decent alternatives - years ago Comet and Blitzen were on Carefresh til it because too difficult to source it regularly (and at a reasonable price). If it doesn't work out with the Fitch, Back2Nature, Megazorb and Aubiose are the ones I've seen used by other members. Never used Aubiose myself, Back2Nature is great but the pellets can get heavy once soiled - still my favourite option, though. Megazorb isn't bad either, although it has a smell that can take a bit of getting used to. Not a bad smell, just off if you're not expecting it. Some people also find it dusty, never had an issue with it myself.

Small Pet Select paper bedding is really good. It looks expensive at first glance but it goes a really long way.

Another vote for Back2Nature from me - I changed to it from Carefresh a few years ago without any issues. I find it's good at keeping the moisture off my guys' feet and the smells away from my nose 👍 It also composts really well, although we can't do that any more. We did change to Vetbed recently but that was a bin capacity issue rather than an issue with the bedding itself.

Back