Carefresh Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruit&Nut

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone use this? Is it any good?

My pigs have been on shavings but I saw this and it looks to be better for them.
Any help appreciated!

I used to use Carefresh for years, but have switched in the last couple of years to Living World Soft N' Comfy (another paper-based bedding.) They're both good, but I find that the Soft N' Comfy absorbs better and dries better so that less product goes a long way (which is important, as paper beddings are pricey.) I'm not able to use shaving dues to severe allergies and find that paper beddings are a lot better than shavings at any rate.

Just to add- there are varying types of Carefresh- the bottom tier is paper mixed with wood chips, and I would skip that one. The middle tier is a brown paper bedding. This is the one I always bought. Then there are the Ultra brands that are softer and white or fancy colored. I've bought those on occasion when the store was out of the basic. My advice is to buy the basic brown without wood shavings added and not to spend the extra money on the 'Ultra' model. It doesn't absorb better or last longer and the stuff is expensive enough as it is!

:D I used Carefresh for a long time. It was very absorbent and virtually dust-free, but would pack down quite hard. Also, as I had a large 5 ft cage, I needed 1 and a half of the big 60 litre bags to cover the bottom properly. So had to buy it quite often.
In my humble opinion, the best paper bedding is Cosi 'N' Dri, if you can get/find it!

I can second the Fitch. Performs as well as Carefresh and costs much less :)
I've not heard of Cosi'n'dri or soft'n'comfy, I may look those up and compare :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back