Cant decide

• Thread starter Thread starter trance
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trance

I cant decide whether my boys would prefer to be in their outside hutches now the better weather is here or whether to keep them inside all year round. I have got used to them indoors and enjoying having them close.
Any thoughts?

I'm keeping my boys in, i like having my boys in my room they are lovely and friendly..they will go out in a run during the day but bk in their cage at night id never leave mine out over night in an outdoor cage after being inside for half the year apparently it can cause them to get a cold and stuff.

I'm keeping my boys in too, makes them friendlier and more used to humans which is the way I like them. Also even in nicer weather it the UK it can change so easily... especially as we are still in April and this weather is not usually characteristic April weather. So they will be more comfortable inside I think. Plus I wouldn't want to think of my boys outside with some of the horrible things people have done to cats, dogs and rabbits in the past not too far from here. I won't elaborate! If you have the space my advice would be keep them inside and enjoy them!

Keep them outside in the summer. thats what i'm doing then late september/october I'm putting them in again. they will love it outside, running in fresh grass.and laying in the sun.
Katie

spice and honeys mummy said:
Keep them outside in the summer. thats what i'm doing then late september/october I'm putting them in again. they will love it outside, running in fresh grass.and laying in the sun.
Katie

I havnt got any grass ;D Barmyforboars...sounds terrible whatever it is, I dont understand some people :-\

Mine are staying inside at night - I don't want them to stay out all night because I wouldn't feel comfortable about it. They will be going out in there run for a couple of hours every night though.

Its winter over here now so all mine live inside :)

During the day I do want them to go outside... get some sunshine and fresh air :)

spice and honeys mummy said:
Katie
Thats just what I do too. At the moment they are in the shed then outside into thier Mansion hutch in a few more weeks :)

Mine are in the 'piggy shed' with a key lock on, nothings gona happen to my lot.

My lot are still in at the moment. It's still fairly chilly in the evenings and waiting for the shed to be done :)

baby-wilson said:
Its winter over here now so all mine live inside :)

During the day I do want them to go outside... get some sunshine and fresh air :)

So weird that its winter over there, we are enjoying the sun!

Will they become less tame if I put them outdoors? I have worked really hard on 2 of them and my worry is they will go back to how they were before

i dont think they will IF you spend just as much time with them, if i were you i would keep them inside but put them outside in their run during the day whilst you are there... If they are inside when you are then you can keep an eye on the and in their hutch they can overheat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back