Cannot Afford 2 Guinea Pigs

MrCavy154

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have an issue that I cannot afford 2 guinea pigs. And I was told they should be in pairs. So I need some advice about this because I want my guinea pig to be happy but can't afford another guinea pig

I have an issue that I cannot afford 2 guinea pigs. And I was told they should be in pairs. So I need some advice about this because I want my guinea pig to be happy but can't afford another guinea pig

Two guinea pigs don't cost much more than one and they need about the same minimum space (2x4 ft). I hope that you haven't been sold a hamster cage as far too many shops still do.
In which way can't you afford a second guinea pig?

If I were going to go to a guinea pig breeder and get another one I could not afford the guinea pig or the cage.

Well the cage you have currently ideally should be big enough to house 2 pigs either way... so you wouldnt need to buy a separate cage. And try a rescue... It really shouldnt be that expensive to get your pig a little friend. The adoption fee for my second pig was $25.

I don't think there are any rescues in my area. I live in canada and I just moved here and I really don't know the way around

I would suggest trying to locate your local animal shelter :3 them being in pairs is really important and it is hardly any more expensive than having one pig.

I will try but I cannot guarantee that I can find one but I will try

Back