Can you unshrink a liner?

Lotteluvspigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a guineadad liner that I've had since January?(not sure) and I wash+dry it once a week.
The Guineadad liners are made extra big to start with so when they shrink in the dryer it fits but after drying it so many times it does not fit my coroplast anymore. This is really a problem because my guinea pigs love to sleep on the edges and their poop will pile up and then fall under the liner which is a hassle to get out and continuously makes the coroplast more dirty.
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to make the liner bigger again or would I have to buy a whole new one (there like 60-80 dollars I wouldn't really want to)

First , it sounds like you have your dryer on high heat. Put it on medium. Second, you can get it to expand again by soaking it in conditioner.IMG_2003.webp

First , it sounds like you have your dryer on high heat. Put it on medium. Second, you can get it to expand again by soaking it in conditioner.View attachment 230167
Thanks so much! But also my dryer is a bit old and doesn't have a setting to go to medium it has cold and hot but I find it I use cold is will take like 3-4 hours to dryer. Maybe I just need to get my dryer vent clean lol!

I think this is just a guineadad issue, I have some if their pee pads and they are a mess after a few years of washing at 40°c, never been in a dryer, my hand made ones are much better. Guineadad are so Expensive you’d think they would have fixed this issue by now!

I think this is just a guineadad issue, I have some if their pee pads and they are a mess after a few years of washing at 40°c, never been in a dryer, my hand made ones are much better. Guineadad are so Expensive you’d think they would have fixed this issue by now!
Yeah definitely, may I ask what's in your homemade ones? I tried once and the "waterproof" mattress cover ended up just doing the exact opposite

Yeah definitely, may I ask what's in your homemade ones? I tried once and the "waterproof" mattress cover ended up just doing the exact opposite
Daft question but was it the right way up? I made a sewn in liner once and put the mattress cover in upside down and it bounced the wet straight back up!

Daft question but was it the right way up? I made a sewn in liner once and put the mattress cover in upside down and it bounced the wet straight back up!
I have no idea haha! But that wasn't really the problem it's that the water would go right through the whole thing and the bottom of their cage would be sopping wet after just a day.

Could you try soaking it in cold water - no wringing water out but just hang it up over a bath or outside and see if that makes it longer ? Just a thought …..

Let me know if you find a way. I bought several second-hand Gdad liners that shrunk badly and I didn't realize it til I used them. They still do the job, just are a bit small for a 2x3 c&c!

Back