• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Can we have a sticky thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgey

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

I have noticed more and more recently that people have been advising about human remedies to help piggies with certain ailments. For example the Bach Rescue remedy.
Is there any chance we can have a thread that advises like a Piggie First aid kit.
As in where to get it what it does etc.

Apologies if this already exists if it does can you point me in the direction of it.

Tracy

Critical care you can get in sachets to help a guinea pig thats ill or not eating is like a first aid thing.
Also science recovery is the same thing. :D
My mum read in a peter gurney book that whole meal break soaked in milk is ok for pregnant piggies and new born babies.

I've seen the thread on here but I have seen a lot more things mentioned lately.

What it is, where to get it and what it can help.

Tracy

Critical care and science recovery you can get from your local veterinary, or buy it offline :)

(I hope some people see this)

SPH Supplies sell Oxbow Critical Care, Avipro probiotic and other essential items. They are very reliable and will give prompt service. Human remedies can be used but its illegal to do so except in an emergency. I would be wary of making this a sticky on an open forum. Instead why not take the first aid lecture at CCT (if possible of course) and learn howto use these things properly (don't mean to say that people can't, just that CCT can give you extra info :) ). Or, join CCT and get use their hotline, that way you get sound advice. Sometimes 'home remedies' aren't enough and the animal really needs to be treated by a guinea competent vet, or you need access (eg CCT) to phone someone and tell your vet what you need.

Or, make this a closed forum, or tell me to shut up LOL ;D Nicely though, I'm rather sensitive ::)

PerfectPiggies said:
whats a sticky thread? :embarassed:

a thread/post that stays at the top :)

Ton is on Science selective mashed up with water and Galen Garden powders mixed in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back