Can our loved Piggies eat, Pea Pods and Crab Apples,

David Piggie Lover

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Got and read conflicting reports on these, ,
So wondered if any my piggie slaves have given or know if pea pods shell and the peas are ok, , plus Crab 🍎
Cheers guys, I'm guessing 🍎 a little, pods :hmm::hmm:

“If in doubt leave it out” is my motto. I’ve only fed mangetout to my lot occasionally and they haven’t liked them. As for crab apples I can’t imagine they would enjoy them either. Sorry not to be more help, Dave!

“If in doubt leave it out” is my motto. I’ve only fed mangetout to my lot occasionally and they haven’t liked them. As for crab apples I can’t imagine they would enjoy them either. Sorry not to be more help, Dave!
That's fine and I agree, , , so it's fine beans with some honey melon again, , tho don't seem to mind,
Mavis left Moo right, , say hello and send your piggies lots tlc, 20210725_120036.webp

Ive got crab apple trees outside and tried the piglets a few times with the apples when they’re nice and ripe, nope haven’t enjoyed at all! XD
But some pigs do like the branches and leaves :) My Cleo’s been enjoying attacking a few small branches this week and all four of mine had a few small leaves the other day and approved! :) I’ve given the leaves to all of my piggies every now and again for years, and the chinchillas loved the branches and dried leaves :D
(I just give them a wash when I bring them in etc before giving to them and don’t give too often)

Crab apples I'd stay clear of, knowing for causing stomach upsets. I've only ever fed mangetout to mine before, they weren't really that keen on it!

Pea pods and mangetout are something that should be tasty and safe for piggies, but... mine hate them! 8/8 piggies here will not touch mangetout or pea pods even if they are offered no other veg, they will pee on them and stamp on them contemptuously then throw them back out of the cage! Safe but unpopular.
Crab apples sound very bloaty acidic sour, though as others have said the branches should be safe for a chew on if they fancy it :)

Well guys that's a mix of answers. We going to keep away from the crab apple and pea kids.
Funny little monkeys are piggies. . Green beans. . Mavis and Moo go ballistic for them. Mrs Dougal won't even try. . Lol.

Ive got crab apple trees outside and tried the piglets a few times with the apples when they’re nice and ripe, nope haven’t enjoyed at all! XD
But some pigs do like the branches and leaves :) My Cleo’s been enjoying attacking a few small branches this week and all four of mine had a few small leaves the other day and approved! :) I’ve given the leaves to all of my piggies every now and again for years, and the chinchillas loved the branches and dried leaves :D
(I just give them a wash when I bring them in etc before giving to them and don’t give too often)
Thank you for detailed answer. x

Pea pods and mangetout are something that should be tasty and safe for piggies, but... mine hate them! 8/8 piggies here will not touch mangetout or pea pods even if they are offered no other veg, they will pee on them and stamp on them contemptuously then throw them back out of the cage! Safe but unpopular.
Crab apples sound very bloaty acidic sour, though as others have said the branches should be safe for a chew on if they fancy it :)
Brill . Funny reply. Cheers

Mine love peas and pods. Green beans are one of their faves though and I supposed they are similar.

Our peas and pods are fresh from the garden and tasty even to the humans of the house!

Back