can my guinea pigs get mites form their bedding

• Thread starter Thread starter cindy and milly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cindy and milly

um my piggy have had a few mites, but when I stopped using this bedding I used to use, my piggy's stopted geting mites and haven't had any for a little while?
so I don't know if it was the bedding or somting eslse because the only thing I changed was the bedding because my local store dosen't get it any more.
:-\

They can get lice from bedding but mites is more to do with stress. Search out threads on here there are loads on mites and what causes them, they are just plain evil! :tickedoff: Hope they are ok. :)

yeah there evil !
We've got them all off.
I spend a bit of time once or twice a week cheecking the guinea pig's to see if they have any.
I just hope they don't get lice or mights agin.

I use a mite spray...where did you get your hay? the place i get it still sells it...perhaps you got it from another shop :smitten: :smitten:

oh ok :D i use to get it from big w. but your mum said that it gives them mites so we use paper shreddings now :D can never be too careful....

lmao....i want your cages...they are soooo cool....lol....dad and me might be making a cage out of wood etc but first off we need wood and instructions...

dad and I made a cage out of and wooden box. we didn't use instructions, we only looked to see what kind of stuff you are allowd to use to make an guinea pig cage out of.
;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back