• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Can I use aloe vera to treat dry ears?

• Thread starter Thread starter scozy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scozy

Hello,

One of my piggies has a little bit flaky ears recently. The upper fold in her outer ears are flaky but I do not see any dirty reddish brown deposit in her ears. When I carefully look at her ears the edge of outer ears(pinkish hairless part of ears) are a little bit dried, too. She does not seem to be excessively scratching her ears or any other parts of her body. Her fur is clean and smooth and just two months ago when she got a vet check at a humane society she did not have mites. I gave her a bath in the end of January but I did not wet her ears.

One of my coleagues is a vet (but specialized in cats and dogs) and told me that my guinea's flaky ears could be due to low humidity. Hence, I am wondering if rubbing a litte bit of aloe vera into my guinea pig's ears is okay or not. I have an aloe vera plant but I am a little hesitant to use it unless clearly knowing what I am doing. ? Or should I use something else?

I have been using aloe vera gel from GorgeousGuineas for Tonni's dry ear, is ok now. But would reccommend the gel not the full on aloe.. correct me if I am wrong :)

:) I have started to use the CocoNeem Melt on dry ears, they're wonderful. They get off all the dry skin, moisturise and clean off any other gunk that's on them.
Gorgeous Guineas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back