Can I feed these veggies everyday?

Savyx_x

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Can I be feeding my babies collard greens / spring greens everyday ? Also same question with the broccoli stems or cauliflower?

The guide linked above is great. The greens should be okay as a regular feature but, as LollyJJ says, broccoli/cauliflower is best less frequently due to risk of bloat; my guys occasionally get the stems / leaves if we have a bit leftover from cooking, but that's about it.

If they're new veg to them it's best to introduce them slowly, one new food at a time, and see how your guys get on with them, as all bellies are different.

My boys do get a very small amount of spring greens and broccoli but I don’t give them every day

what do you normally give your piggies daily because so far I’ve only got cilantro , cucumber, romaine, green beans and bell pepper on my daily veggie list and only 1 of my babies like the bell peppers and she also gets sick of the green beans after 3 bites so I always need to give her something else extra and then I do add in a different occasional veggie on the days I can..The problem is the veggies I give already don’t make up enough to fill up a cup the veggies usually comes out to be less than half a cup and I do that twice a day should I just be giving them larger portions of those same veggies to fill up the whole cup or should I be giving them more of a variety? idk maybe I’m overthinking it

what do you normally give your piggies daily because so far I’ve only got cilantro , cucumber, romaine, green beans and bell pepper on my daily veggie list and only 1 of my babies like the bell peppers and she also gets sick of the green beans after 3 bites and then I can’t get her to eat anymore so I always need to give her something else extra and then I do add in a different occasional veggie on the days I can..The problem is the veggies I give already don’t make up enough to fill up a cup the veggies usually comes out to be less than half a cup and I do that twice a day should I just be giving them larger portions of those same veggies to fill up the whole cup or should I be giving them more of a variety? idk maybe I’m overthinking it

Those are safe daily veggies. They are certainly the only four veggies my boys get daily - lettuce, cucumber, pepper, coriander/cilantro.
I add other things in when I have them, and in rotation, but it’s not a regular thing.

I just give enough of those four veg to make up a cup per pig per day (actually i tend to give a little over a cup per pig per day

Back