• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Can anyone help me?!

• Thread starter Thread starter CloMajScoot
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CloMajScoot

I NEED HELP! my six year old guinea pig Scooter has uneven teeth and she cant eat or drink! ive made a appiontment with the vet to get her checked out but what should i do in the meantime? i mean she cant do anything and I'm worried. any suggestions on how to feed her or help her drink? :'(

right you need to syringe feed her. try mushing up some pellets and water, blending some veggies into a puree and fruit, and feed water through a syringe. if you have any science recovery that would be ok, i think as well, but the other things definitely.
ok, make sure she gets lots to eat and drink. good luck and big big hugs and loads of love! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: get to the vets asap O0

Yes, as cavy love said, you need to syringe feed. The syringes you can get at your chemist, you know the type that come with nurofen for children? Soak some of her dry food in hot water, allow to cool and use the syring in the corner of her mouth, being careful not too push too much in at a time. The same with water. When you see the vet, they can give you some critical care or science recovery and more syringes. Do this asap as their little bodies can shut down quickly if they are not eating :-\

Aw fingers crossed for Scooter.
Do you have any baby food? I think they can have the pureed carrots or other veg ones... if you can't get to a syringe then try giving mushed food and water off the tip of a teaspoon and try to dribble it into her.
Hope she is OK!

thanks you guys :smitten: i will try my best to get scooter to a safe recovery

Alfalfa pellets soaked in water are good too, or as previously suggested science recovery or critical care. fingers crossed for him.

Does your vet do teeth without anaesthetic?

The Cambridge Cavy Trust may be able to recommend someone nearby vet/rodentologist working under the guidance of a vet, that can help. Try grating food and see if she can eat it, try different shapes/slithers. Syringe feed Critical Care or blended dry food mixed with water. Make a blended mix of veggies- celery is good (if they like it) as its almost isotonic. There's a document on syringe feeding in the supplies list at the top of the page.

07721 026401 to text/phone your message to Vedra at the CCT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back