Can a pair of boars live in same house as sows?

emmyk89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I had one of my beloved pigs Wilbur PTS this week due to cancer, he lived with his wife Peanut. Peanut is now with my other pair - they lived together for about a year before we got Wilbur (all my pigs are rescues) and so are familiar. They have settled in nicely with each other after a full day of bonding and watching yesterday.

So Peanut now lives with her sister and neutered boar Reggie. And I have another pair of sows who live together also, above the trio in basically a bunk bed turned into 2 huge C&C cages lol.

Because Wilbur and Peanut lived together in their own C and C cage in the spare room, I now have a nice large cage spare and in the future (not sure when) I would like to rehome preferably an already bonded pair.

My question is - can a pair of boys live happily here as there are females in the house? They wouldn't be in the same room, however I know their scents would be on our clothes, hands and in the house generally etc and I know this can cause fights between males, which ofc I don't want.

I'm afraid I have no advice, just bumping your post so it gets noticed

You can keep a pair of boars in the same house but keeping them in the same room can cause issues.
You should make sure to deal with the boar pair first and before dealing with any other piggies so you don’t risk transferring scents from the sows onto the boar pair

Back