• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Calcium tablets for Charlie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
maybe he has the same problem as my jinx had , his back end was weak and he couldnt move his legs at the back so I kept him on towels in a restricted run ( small) gave him calcium tablets and after 2 months of patience it worked you can see him with dipstick on the photos I posted today, he kept losing his balance and wobbled we though he would die and vet said he needed a lot of care but look at him now almsot 100% ok he ahs the odd wobbly day but perfect as far as I'm concerned , Charlie is lovley though maybe worth trying it out on him, I've got a charlie as well a silver rex and a darling

R.E this post, what tablets do i need and where can i get them?

ok theyre Boots chewable calcium and vitamin d vanilla flavour,270 value pack

and i gave mine one in the morning and one at night,unless you get some osteocare which is just as good in liquid form

mine was the same as Sehnsucht said and same dosage good luck and be very patient and make sure his kept in a limited run/cage as he needs to rest a lot and only feed enough hay to eat not to lie on becasue they can drag their legs into the hay and twist it all up, thats happened to one of mine and he too had similar problems although he too healed up within aweek agian with calcium and rest, good luck Charlie

thanks for all the advice, mu has granted him time to live indoors to get better, i'll update everyone :)

I think you need to have a vitamin D to enable the calcium to absorb.....I don't know from experience just from whats been read though. I think most calcium suppliments have added vit D anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back