Cages

• Thread starter Thread starter Jen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jen

Hi,

I'm new here (first post) and hope this is the right board.

I recently bought a new cage for my 3 Adult Sows and wondered if it was big enough, it's 42'' x 23''...

They are out a few hours a day for exercise etc, a few people said it was ok for them, and one person said it's a bit on the small side, but it'll be ok, I want to make sure it's ok for them. :-\

I have a photo if that would be better posting it?

Thanks

post us some pics there is a web site on here somewhere that tells u how big the cage should be I'll have a look c if i can find it for u

kath x

Hiya,

Welcome. I would say it is a bit on the small side as well. For three pigs the required size is 5ft 2 or more if you can offer it. :)

Making your own cage is a cheaper alternative. Lots of us have done it here. I'm doing it in my utility room.

Louise
x

Thats the cage,
What could I do to make the Piggers more comfortable without gettin a new cage, as I have 5 large cages at the moment and have no room for a bigger one, as I just bought the cage 2days ago.

Piggers055.jpg

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Hiya,

Welcome. I would say it is a bit on the small side as well. For three pigs the required size is 5ft 2 or more if you can offer it. :)

Making your own cage is a cheaper alternative. Lots of us have done it here. I'm doing it in my utility room.

Louise
x

I can't make one in the house as we have a dog, and we can't keep him out of anywhere...
I have lack of space also, but if I let them out more in their run with shelter, food and water would that be ok? or rather more suitable?

The small cage in the photo with the two young piggers in is not their home!
It was a travelling cage, so incase you wondered

I'm no expert but if they are out of the cage more than they are in it then it should be ok. :) It's hard when you dont' have a lot of space. I had to clean out my utility to be able to make a 5ft by 2 ft cage, originally my shed was chosen to build it but I've too many toys which I'd have to sort out first, too much like hard work!

What are your pigs called? They look adorable on the photograph? Any close up shots? I'm a sucker for new pig pigtures! :D

Take care,

Louise
x

The P.E Golden is called Rhaeghanne
The Black and Tan is called Matrix
And the 'bit of everthing' is called Noodles, she was given to me to keep my first Guinea pig company.
(She has passed away now :'()

The two you can just see are two younger Pigs; the Tort & White is called Quidam and The Lilac-y Tort is called Kahlua, she was bought from a petshop and she may be Pregnant (by the petshop though)

I also have two Boars; Dollar (some huge Texel type Pig) and Denzil a Little Red Crested :)

The cage looks quite tall - could you make an "upper level" to increase the space? There was a thread on here a while back of one somebody did with c&c cubes I think, but can't remember where :-\

It is infact taller than it is wide!

I did look yesterday and I thought that but it said to make an upper level you wouldn't count that as space and it would de-crease the overall downstairs space :-\

It is a little small for 3 piggys i normally house mine in a tiny bit smaller than that with 1 oiggy in it which are like nearly 1 years old.

I must say you do have nice looking piggys :D

I have been told that, that was fine for 3 at the show, but i'm halfway though trying to make a suitable c&c cage...

That is only their 'night' cage anyways they're only in it when I am going to sleep so I know they can't escape

It doesn't look too good for me joining the forum with my girls in a cage that is a small, but I was mis-informed and I am always looking for ways to make sure they're getting the best care they can :)

Don't worry about it, we are all learning all the time! When I first joined I had no idea of the amount of space they needed and I was going to get a smaller cage than you have there... You live and learn. I am sure they will be ok. I got my indoor cage from Zooplus. Its 140cm long and was £59.99 - its very nice. :)

Yes I wouldn't worry too much, at least your learning. I had no idea about Guinea's when I joined and now they have a whole shed to themselves O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back