Cage stacking options?

teddy7625

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 5 pigs. A pair of boars in a kavee 5x2, and a trio of girls in a c&c 3x4. Their cages sit next to each other on the floor with a secure barrier between them, can’t see each other. I want to give the girls a kavee 5x2 or a c&c 6x2.

The issue is that I don’t have the space to give the girls that bigger space. I was thinking of “stacking” the boys on top of the girls but I’m not sure how it will hold up with the longer sizes. I want to leave the front pretty open like the picture attached. My only other option is to build a custom table to fit the boy’s cage. It’s a bit more expensive though.

Anyone else have experience stacking c&c cages?

Attachments

• 0A394750-A16A-4419-890B-F1C1F3C5BF62.webp
    0A394750-A16A-4419-890B-F1C1F3C5BF62.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 2
I had my four in a stacked cage with boys in the penthouse and girls on the ground floor. There was a 1 grid width between the bottom floor and the base of the top floor (as in the picture). At first, I had some grids in the middle of the bottom. But I removed them after I passed two pieces of wood (lengthways) through the grids and below the top floor. I feel this gave it good support. I did have the support bars but didn’t feel they were strong enough. They’d probably have been okay though.

I also used cable ties along with the connectors. It’s doable.

I had my four in a stacked cage with boys in the penthouse and girls on the ground floor. There was a 1 grid width between the bottom floor and the base of the top floor (as in the picture). At first, I had some grids in the middle of the bottom. But I removed them after I passed two pieces of wood (lengthways) through the grids and below the top floor. I feel this gave it good support. I did have the support bars but didn’t feel they were strong enough. They’d probably have been okay though.

I also used cable ties along with the connectors. It’s doable.
What size did you use? I think I’ll do the wood trick and definitely use lots of cable ties as well

A 5x2 c&c fits perfectly on top of a "6ft folding craft table" only thing is you'd need to put a base of grids on your cage so it's more secure. But you can use any type of grid as the piggies won't be able to reach it.

What size did you use? I think I’ll do the wood trick and definitely use lots of cable ties as well
You mean the wood? I can’t remember the size but it fit through a hole in the grid. It was just the right size to fit through. I think I took a grid along to the shop when I bought the wood.

PS the cage was a 5x2

Back