Cage review?

What size are the grids?

Personally I would have the water bottles further apart and remove some of the teddies and put another pile of hay in there as it doesn't look like they have much at the moment

What size are the grids?

Personally I would have the water bottles further apart and remove some of the teddies and put another pile of hay in there as it doesn't look like they have much at the moment
ummm i threw away the box so i have no idea! I will move the water bottles for sure and also remove the teddies. They eat so much and i refill their hay 2 times a day and sometimes in the middle of the day!

I would do two piles on the floor of the cage rather than in the corner thing. I agree to the teddies being removed. They don’t provide anything for them. Hay on the floor would do that better.

I would do two piles on the floor of the cage rather than in the corner thing. I agree to the teddies being removed. They don’t provide anything for them. Hay on the floor would do that better.
i agree but the reason i don't put hay in their houses area is because when i clean,the hay sticks on the blanket and won't come out. I will start putting hay on their food area floor and there are also forti diet drops on the floor. thats how they like it. but thank you. i have work to do on this cage

What are forti diet drops? Do you mean their pellets?

Gorgeous piggies!
I agree with the others.
Filling up hay often is good - they need to eat a lot of it! So adding a second hay pile would be a great thing to do, it’ll mean you can rest assured they really do have enough.
A rubber brush can be very useful in getting hay off of fleece bedding.

The other thing I would ask relates to the pellets you have mentioned - are they the kaytee ones?
The main ingredients of kaytee forti pellets are not really things which you would want piggies to be eating - they are made almost entirely from alfalfa, grains and sugars (alfalfa is too high in calcium and not recommended for adult piggies). If at all possible, there would be benefit in seeing if you can switch to a hay or grass based pellet.

Last edited:
Gorgeous piggies!
I agree with the others.
Filling up hay often is good - they need to eat a lot of it! So adding a second hay pile would be a great thing to do, it’ll mean you can rest assured they really do have enough.
A rubber brush can be very useful in getting hay off of fleece bedding.

The other thing I would ask relates to the pellets you have mentioned - are they the kaytee ones?
The main ingredients of kaytee forti pellets are not really things which you would want piggies to be eating - they are made almost entirely from alfalfa, grains and sugars (alfalfa is too high in calcium and not recommended for adult piggies). If at all possible, there would be benefit in seeing if you can switch to a hay or grass based pellet.
Olivia an coco say thank you for the compliment! I had no idea kaytee forti pellets were bad! When we first got Olivia, she sometimes got bored with just eating the hay so we got her the pellets you have mentioned. But I will get the hay pellets. They love the forti one though! But that my you for the advice!

Pellets are only 5% of their diet hence limiting them to a tablespoon each per day. If they look like they’re bored of hay then you can get them different types. But they shouldn’t because that’s the largest part of their diet. 😊

@Coco+Olivia if your cage is a Kavee one the grids are 35cm the same as normal C&C grids. I love the Kavee cages, wish they had been around when I bought my grids, the bar spacing is so muh nicer than the squares and safer for little noses.

Pellets are only 5% of their diet hence limiting them to a tablespoon each per day. If they look like they’re bored of hay then you can get them different types. But they shouldn’t because that’s the largest part of their diet. 😊
will do! i agree. I think that's the reason coco is so much bigger than olivia. She's not even 1 yet but she's bigger than Liv who is 4+.

@Coco+Olivia if your cage is a Kavee one the grids are 35cm the same as normal C&C grids. I love the Kavee cages, wish they had been around when I bought my grids, the bar spacing is so muh nicer than the squares and safer for little noses.
yes! especially when i give them treats and veggies or friuts,so much easier to feed them! and most importantly, they can't escape and it's easier to pet them

will do! i agree. I think that's the reason coco is so much bigger than olivia. She's not even 1 yet but she's bigger than Liv who is 4+.
It may just be that’s the way they’re built. You can’t compare because they come in all shapes and sizes. Their weight can fluctuate a little once they’ve reached their adult size. As long as they stay around the same at each weekly weigh in then it’s fine. 😊

Back