Cage liners

Abirose

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, i'm thinking of getting fleece cage liners for a Ferplast 120 cage, What should i put under the fleece liners? Thank you

I use puppy pads under mine, there is normally barely any pee seeped through as I use pee pads in high strategic areas 🙂

I use puppy pads under mine. A cheap place to get them is Wilko as they are affordable and great quality.

I use liners made of fleece and an absorbent layer (zorb) and another layer of fleece.

I use a double layer of these liners in half the cage and newspaper and hay in the other half.

How often do you change the fleece ? At present i use puppy pads and in the sleeping area I use the blue "carwash mittens" which i change daily . As my girls are getting older i wonder if fleece will be more comfortable

I used to change about every 5 days. It depends on how mucky it gets. I started using the noodle bath mats on top and so the fleece lasted a couple of days longer.

Hello. I’m thinking of getting some puppy pads as my newspaper supplies are running low. Can I use these outside in a hutch in a garage with wood shavings on top? Would they last a week as newspaper does? Thanks

Hello. I’m thinking of getting some puppy pads as my newspaper supplies are running low. Can I use these outside in a hutch in a garage with wood shavings on top? Would they last a week as newspaper does? Thanks

Yes you can use puppy pads under shavings/hay.

I use a waterproof cot mattress protector, which is washable and works extremely well. I also use soft shell backed fleece, which I've found is better than vet bed and the usual liner fleeces (I put the mattress protector under these). I can buy strips of soft shell fleece and it's thin so fits in the machine easily so I can wash it all at once. Nothing soaks through that stuff!

I use newspaper under fleece matts. I am very lucky to have a regular supply from neighbours. I used to get some from a residential home too but that’s dried up since Covid

I use newspaper under fleece matts. I am very lucky to have a regular supply from neighbours. I used to get some from a residential home too but that’s dried up since Covid

My dad used to be my supplier of newspapers. But he doesn’t buy them now as he’s too busy looking after my mum ☹️

I do put a layer of newspaper under everything, usually buy a big Saturday paper and that covers the floor....

i used disposal puppy pads, which have their place but the piggies started eating it so i now have washable puppy pee pads, they are great, i then put on fluffy pee pads or fleeces, i change these usually every other day and the liners once a week or sooner if they are looking ready.

Back