Cage Layout For Good Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.

LohBee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is there a particularly good way to lay out the cage to encourage piggies to get on?
We have 2 of everything for our new boars, at the moment their hidey boxes are together at one end under the loft, I put them there thinking that the cover would be good. So far (only day 2) they have spent most time in the boxes, either in one together or in separate ones. One piggie, Scruffy, is definitely showing dominant behaviour and chases the other who is being very shy. Scruffy is much braver and is coming out quite a lot today.

Should they have a sort of one end each of the cage, bottle on each side? Or am I just totally overthinking this :)

I would just have 2 of everything at opposite areas in the cage. I have 2 boars too and they seem to be better since I got 2 of everything. If you can I would read the stickys on here about boars and their care. They have helped me a lot.

I would just have 2 of everything at opposite areas in the cage. I have 2 boars too and they seem to be better since I got 2 of everything. If you can I would read the stickys on here about boars and their care. They have helped me a lot.
Thanks I think I'll try that :)

i have 2 sows i have put 2 tunnels the ones made of sticks from P at H at one end next to each other and leave a gap at the back so they have an exit because they do argue a lot...i have 2 water bottles and their food bowl is one of those double china cat bowls.....i actually dont't know if they like each other or not i think they would miss each other tho they are funny little creatures.

I've rearranged the cage a bit, Scruffy keeps chasing Fluffyworm (my daughter named that one :) ) out of whatever hidey he's in after a while though and he's now huddled under hay. Hopefully they'll work it out.

Yes they just need time to figure out who's the boss. They should hopefully calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back