Cage Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf25

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adopting a pair of Guinea Pigs soon but just wanted to get the cage etc first. I was thinking of getting a Ferplast 120 for them and obviously have floor time once they've settled in. I can't get a c&c cage because I've got a cat but are there any other types of cages anyone would suggest?

You can make a lid for c and c cages. I personally think all ready made cages are too small for guinea pigs. They need a lot more space then the minimum required.

Hi there

I have a 120 Cm cage from Little Pet Warehouse (online) they are half the price of a Ferplast 120 and also if you have a shop called The Range near you their 120 cm cages are well made, strong and cat/dog and toddler proof!

I use 120cm cages and daily "floor time" in a safe area. I would love to have large C&C cages but do not have the permanent space in my house.

I dont like C&C if they are going to be in a room with a cat or dog if I'm honest, they're not as sturdy as commercial cages unless you add structural enhancements such as wooden beams to support lids and they can end up with worse access too, they can provide a great deal more space though and with some thought they can be cat proof only my cat is slinky as anything and ended up in their cage a few times (please tell me how a cat can undo bulldog clips!). I do like my ferplast 120 I'm only selling it because we wont be keeping pigs inside once the shed is here, and we will be taking a break from piggies entirely when Peppa passes away (home lined up for Norbert in a friends herd) so we dont really have much use for it.

there is a 1metre square cage at littlepet warehuse that looks good. It is recommended if you have two boars to have a 140 cm cage as boars need more room. There was a htread about said cage on here, Think it was called they're back in stock. Worth a look. There is midwest habitat as well that you can get with a lid but not sure how sturdy it would be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back