Cage Hack

CegsD

New Born Pup
Reaction score
For those who have Ferplast cages there is a easy way you can have an open cage with this cage. I simply removed the whole wire part of the cage and turned it upside down. If you then insert the plastic part into the wire part then get some cable ties and secure the doors to the sides, I used about 4 on each side and also 4 connecting the 2 doors together. Make sure you have the join facing outwards and cut them to avoid them poking out.
You can buy water bottles on stands, I used the same water bottle clip that came with the cage and just used yet another cable tie to loop around the bottom to hold it up (worked perfectly)
Make sure you watch over the piggies in case they jump out, my 1st 2 didn't attempt anything but the 2nd lot were a bit more energetic. Trial it in the floor.
All mine are kept up high as we have a dog (mind you he runs away when he sees them and being 16 can't hear or see much at all now). Hope this helps those who want an open cage, I think it helps build trust with you as an owner x
IMG_20210903_202549.webp

Good hack! BUT, I will ask, how big is the cage and how many piggies are in there? (I can only see 1)

The blue bottomed one is the Ferplast large cage and there were 2 in there, other one is hiding. X

The blue bottomed one is the Ferplast large cage and there were 2 in there, other one is hiding. X
Ah ok.

Are you open to improvements? There's a couple small things I'd add/change.

Back