Cage Done With Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Thanks

Yes we just bought some guttering to use for a ramp, not sure why my hubby put the platform there! It's going to be fixed in the corner.
Also need a few toys to keep the piggies amused.

Just need the guinea pigs now, so far there are no females at the local adoption centres that are suitable.
Katie

Hello @Kty356 , welcome to the forum! The cage looks great!
If I may make a suggestion.....? Is it possible to fix the big tunnel at an angle for the pigs to use as a ramp? I can't see them climbing onto the wooden triangle thing to get up into the loft. :tu:
was going to suggest a ramp too :)

A little update..
We have our first two little girl guinea pigs in their new home!
My daughter has named them Elsa and Anna, they are so cute and fluffy with Mohicans!
I have a question though, they are obviously hid up in their igloo with lots of hay but how will they know where their water is? Will they come out looking for it?
It's a bottle on the cage type one.
Katie

A little update..
We have our first two little girl guinea pigs in their new home!
My daughter has named them Elsa and Anna, they are so cute and fluffy with Mohicans!
I have a question though, they are obviously hid up in their igloo with lots of hay but how will they know where their water is? Will they come out looking for it?
It's a bottle on the cage type one.
Katie
Don't worry they should be able to find it fine. Or you could remove the hay from their beds if you're worried so they have to come out their hideys for it. Can we see a pic? :)

They look so teeny weeny!:love:. To make sure they can reach the spout of the water bottle you might have to pop a little block of wood for them to stand on underneath it.
or one of those bunches of wired-together sticks that you can bend into a shallow bridge. All best wishes for a happy time with your new arrivals.

:wel:

Awwww how cute. There is nothing better than bringing home your first baby piggies. Watch out though they are addictive.

You just want to keep cuddling them cause they are so cute. Enjoy. :love:

:D Oh my gosh! Elsa and Anna (I wonder where you got those names?) are the cutest things! :wub::wub: Guinea pigs are like chips. You always want more! :))
I deliberately got rid of my big cage so I couldn't have more!

You're cage looks lovely and you're piggies are soo cute but just make sure, as they are so tiny, that they can't get their heads through the squares of the grids. The first time I bought babies home they did this even though the corex came up as high as yours and it was a bit scary as one managed to get stuck and another managed to get all the way through and escaped. I put some cardboard around the edge so they couldn't access the grids until they were a bit bigger and that kept them in.

Thanks for the tip kit06 yes they are so tiny I wld hate for their heads to get stuck.

The little piggies are very settled now and often scurry about the cage, they have already grown aswel!
Katie x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back