Cage 140 help please

• Thread starter Thread starter helxx
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

helxx

Woohoo! My cage 140 arrived earlier. My two little girls are going to love it! ;D

Does anyone else on here have the same cage? I'm really struggling to put it together >:( I'm having problems when it comes to clipping the cage onto the base. I can do it one side fine but can't seem to get the other side to clip down? My hands are killing me :( Trust hubby to be at work when I really need him.....

Is this a common problem with this cage? Any tips or help would be appreciated. Oh and other than that, I LOVE it! :) :) :)

I am no help, sorry, as I dont have one but could I ask where you got it and how much as I want that size for Elmo and Hamish! Is it really big?

Hello :)
Yes, it's massive. I got it from the Zooplus site. It was £59.99 (reduced from £69.99) I also got a 10% discount as a new customer, which they're hopefully still giving. The cage is 4ft 7ins long by 2ft 4ins. They're moving from a Nero 3, which they're still in right now and looking at the two of them together, the nero 3 looks like a hamster cage! ;D (Well I guess I'm exaggerating slightly but you get my drift) I'll be moving them in within the next 10 mins - yipee! I'm sure Elmo and Hamish would love it :) Oh, and by the way, suppliers on ebay are selling the exact same cage for around £90-95.

Oh and I've finally managed to fasten the cage onto the base - broke a nail but hey, it's worth it! ;D

That sounds fab O0 I have been looking at that one but its hard to visulaise the size if that makes sense ?
Glad you got it sorted. Would love to see some pics of them in thier new palace :D

i was looking at that exact same cage the other night but decided not to get it as i had a hard time trying to see how big it would really be i prefer to see what I'm buying especially things like that so i can get the exact size in front of me ;D
instead i just bought tonight a Rabbit 100 it was in the Jan sale in P@H for £34 thought it was a bargain just to get my 2 boars through the Winter indoors ;)

I bought this cage in november its great your pigs will love it i did have problems lining the base up with the top as the base is so big i think its got a mind of its own but with a little fiddling around you will do it its the best thing i bought :smitten: :smitten:

I just want to say Zooplus are great, yes they are still giving the discount on all new customers.

I'm tempted to get it for my 4 girls...they're currently in a Nero 4 so they need a little more room, would this cage be suitable?

@Debs111 said:
I'm tempted to get it for my 4 girls...they're currently in a Nero 4 so they need a little more room, would this cage be suitable?

I think they are about the same size. To be honest both are too small for 4 piggies really. Could you not set up a C&C?

the 140 cage is 20cm longer than a nero 4 i know from when i was looking into a new cage ages ago

i also agree with it being too small for 4 pigs

C&C are harder to get hold of and as I dont have a very good DIY mind I really cant see how people can say they're 'easy' to put up cos to me they look impossible!

they really are very easy to make. you just line the grids up and connect them together either using connectors or cabe ties. if a 2 level is a bit of a mind bower u can just make one level :)

@Debs111 said:
C&C are harder to get hold of and as I dont have a very good DIY mind I really cant see how people can say they're 'easy' to put up cos to me they look impossible!

actually they are very easy to put together, no tools required.
All you need to do is score the corex and fold it. Honestly really easy I promise.

Score corex? eh? I can barely cut paper with scissors! lol
I find cable times impossible to use too!
Plus where do you get C&C grids from for cheap? Plus how do u do a lid? I have a cat!

well as Lez says you don't have to use corex but I do find it neater and easier to clean etc... than lino.
I got the cubes from screwfix, they are about £20 for a box I think (which is much cheaper than any cage). there is a link on the housing section for a corex supplier.
You can make a lid using cubes too.
Have you seen this site www.cavycages.com it tells you what to do.

I would really recommend giving it a go. you will love to see them running around with a lot more space.

If I did it, the cage would be going on a carpeted floor so Id have to use something like correx.
Thing is I have BAD experience with cable ties, I find it impossible to put them on then end up nearly breaking my fingers trying to cut them off again afterwards!
I'm just thick but these look way too confusing!

A nero 4 is the size for 2 piggers only :)

I thought c&c looked complicated, but its really easy! My grids were £22 from b&q :)

I wouldnt say 2 only! My 4 girls are comfy in there but could do with a bit of room as they dont get any 'out time' due to the fact they hate it, they just sit there and panick! It'd be good for about 3 adults permanently though I think :)

Well I think its 2ft by 4ft which is the size for 2 piggers....my 2 have 3x4 O0

C&C is the best way to go O0

Id love a big area and have all 6 together but to me it really really does look complicated. This is coming from someone who cant even mesh a Zoozone lid...to give you an example of how low my diy skills are!

Is there anyone who could help you with putting it together? Whereabouts are you?
Think of how much they will enjoy the running around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back