Cable ties for c& c cages?

Karin10

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I haven't any piggies yet. Have bought a 5 x 2 kavee Cand C cage. With stupid arthritis I'm struggling with the connectors. Wondered if anyone used cable ties? If result was good? Thanks

Using cable ties is fine but of course it does mean the cage isn’t rigid as the grids can move and bend on the cable ties - they act like hinges effectively. This may or may not be a problem depending on how and where you are setting it up.
Could you ask somebody to pop the connectors on for you - family, friend, neighbour?

I use c&c grids as my spare cage when my boys come indoors and it is cable tied together so I can concertina it up for storage

I’ve used cable ties but in addition to the connectors. As Piggies&buns says if someone could do the connectors for you then you could use cable ties as extra support. That way you wouldn’t worry if a connector came undone.
Good luck and you must show us pictures when you get your piggies

I use cable ties, I hate the connectors :cen: they kept flying off. I either make a couple of little holes in a 3 places either side of the length of the corex and put a 'stitch' in with a cable tie so the grids and corex are attached and the grids can't bow out or recently I have preferred attaching a grid floor with cable ties which makes the whole thing more rigid. The floor also means we can lift the cages off the tables without emptying the cage of everything. If you don't use the connectors you may get a problem with the corex not fitting, I don't know what the Kavee connectors are like but some designs leave a gap between the grids which means the cages are slightly bigger with connectors.

Back