c&c

• Thread starter Thread starter missknight
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes these will be big enough.
How big of a cage do you want to make? that will determine how many packs you need to buy.

a little bit smaller then yours
do i need a roof for it? in case he climbs out

If it's for 2 pigs then you really only need 1 pack unless you want a second level. Those ones are fine to make a cage from. You don't need to add a roof unless you have other animals you need to protect the piggies from.

daftscotslass said:
If it's for 2 pigs then you really only need 1 pack unless you want a second level. Those ones are fine to make a cage from. You don't need to add a roof unless you have other animals you need to protect the piggies from.
there are only 6 per pack though with the B&Q ones. so for a 2x4 you will need 2 boxes?

Ditto about the roof.

i had cats but they dont come in my room! :)

can i still fill it with sawdust?

I wouldn't use sawdust as a bedding to be honest.
It's very dusty and not very good with piggies. You could try megazorb maybe, much better for them.
But yes you can put bedding in it as long as you have high enough sides on the correx

oh dear i feel really bad now where can i buy meagzorb from?

ive ordered the mesh :D

what can i put the cage on so i av storage underneath

thanks ill ordersome now

Laure said:
daftscotslass said:
there are only 6 per pack though with the B&Q ones. so for a 2x4 you will need 2 boxes?

Ditto about the roof.

Do you have a bottom with the grids on yours or something? I've never had a bottom made from grids under my base (was lino, now correx) and have never had a problem in the 3 and a bit years I've had my C&C cages.

daftscotslass said:
Laure said:
daftscotslass said:

Ditto about the roof.

Do you have a bottom with the grids on yours or something? I've never had a bottom made from grids under my base (was lino, now correx) and have never had a problem in the 3 and a bit years I've had my C&C cages.

I know the questions not aimed at me but anyway..

I have a base on mine because I just use cable ties and not connectors, and before when I used lino it didn't keep the shape and the sides ended up coming out a bit so I made a base for it. Now that I have correx, I could easily remove it and it wouldn't matter but I don't need the grids at the moment and they're not hurting anything so yeah.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I don't have a bottom. but to make a 2x4 you need 12 grids. 4 on each lengh sides and 2 on each width sides. or am I being thick, sorry.

I'm confuzed now lol do i have to put a grid base on the bottom before i put the correx in

daftscotslass said:
With the 6 cube set from B&Q you get 24 grids :) O0

Doh! Sorry I am being thick! I was thinking about the number of grids not cubes... O0

No you don't need a bottom to it unless you need the cage a lot or if you have lino instead of correx to keep it in place.

i didnt realise how expencive correx is

I'm going to phone the sign place near ours tomora to see how much it is for some from them

missknight said:
i didnt realise how expencive correx is

I'm going to phone the sign place near ours tomora to see how much it is for some from them

I think I mentioned on another thread that B&Q's promotion signs are made of correx and they just bin them when promotions are over. I know people who have asked for them and got them, taping them together with duct tape to make a base!

Failing the correx idea you could try lino. It should cost less than £15 to do a base for a 2 x 4 cage.

I also mentioned on the other thread that I got correx for £20 from ebay (link on my other thread). Other than that lino works, plenty of people use it.
All in all it is still much cheaper than a shop cage and will be bigger.

with the lino ull have to put mesh at the bottom wont i?? how will i get the lino to lay flat can i put bedding on the top? sorry to be a pain hrhr

i got 3sheets of correx from b&q for free. and i got 2 packs of grids for £35-00! should be here for monday. i might get extra pack and maybe put on a roof

can guinea pigs climb out? and shall i cable tie each corner so it more secure

yeah me to thanks! its brand new its only not bein sold in shop cus the end is slighly damaged but once its all cut to shape ect u wont notice O0 cant wait for milo to get in the new cage

Yay! that's excellent news. Milo is going to love his new cage.
Do you know what shape/size you going for yet?

Make sure to post pics when you've done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back