c+c question

• Thread starter Thread starter mum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mum

Have ordered some cubes and vetbed and am looking at the correx on ebay.My query is have you got to have the correx up the sides of the grids or could you just use it literally on the bottem?I"m planning on using vetbed so there would be no hay to spill out the sides.Its just that I can"t find bigger bits of correx than on ebay and theirs isn"t big enough to put up the sides as well.Hope that makes sense!

erm, well mine live on vetbed and various other fleeces etc and they still manage to kick hay and poop everywhere lol! So getting it up the sides would be best but if that's not possible it should be ok just on the floor. i think the correx also acts sort of like a draft barrier though, not certain about that. Have you tried ringing local sign makers? They should be able to cut you a piece to size?
Love Emma x

The pieces of correx I have will need to be joined together. I have decided to make the bottom out of wood now then attach/place the cc cage on top of that so it will look like a shop brought indoor cage with legs ;)

You hav to o a spcial orr at on of th warhous stors as thy on't stock thm as a rang prouct , thy'r £9.99 for 6 cubs th prouct barco is [colorr][colorr] 5015772193169 , just a wor of avic min hav takn 3whks alray & th 1st lot I orr from a iffrnt branch wnt missing :o so you on't want to b in a hurry for thm, but if you can wait it's rally goo valu.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really do need to allow for about 6" of corrrex around the sides for the following reasons:

1) Kickapoo. Yes, a guinea pig's favourite game. They WILL kick all the poops out of the cage if you don't have a wall
2) Wee sprays. Buddy piggy gets to close too often and they get wee shot at them. It'll go on your carpet and it will stain.
3) Security. How would you feel if you lived in a wall-less cage surrounded by great lumbering big things? A bit edgey?

With regards to hay, if you have enough hay then it certainly will go on the floor with no correx walls. It falls out of the back of the rack, they pull it out and move it about.

I wouldn't recommend buying correx on eBay. You'll have to pay for delivery and as you say - it's all the wrong size. Go to yell.com and search for 'sign makers' and call every one that's within driving distance and ask if they stock correx. Most will - it's what estate agent signs and more are made of. They will cut it to your size requirements and offer you a choice of colours. I can highly recommend C&S Banners in Aldershot. They charge £7 per square metre.

Thanks for the advice.I phoned a local signmakers and went and picked up my correx this morning.It was cut to the size I wanted,so I can make sides.Just waiting for the grids,which are on the way so will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back