C&c Layout Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briony_S

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So the space I have to fit my cage into is 6 grids by 2 grids across the whole width of the room (small house) then I have room to the right side where I can add a 2x2 square. this will house 3 girls and a neutered boar.

I am looking to then build one or two more cages above. This depends on bonding but initially I would be look ing to house my two single boys separetely until I am ready to bond (after quarentine period.)

I am going to try to build them over the long bit 6x2 bit so that they can have plenty of space but only problem is that my nero 4 will cut across top so it will end up 2x4 and I suppose if they do get on I could look to make the 2 floors either attach together to make a 2 story would that help?

my question is I may be able to make bottom 6x3 with 2x2 section but I am only 5ft4 so I dont want upper cages thatvwide as wont be able to reach to clean. Has anyone done this and if so how do you support front wall?

also I am going to make a hay/kitchen section qhete all bottles food etc.. will be for bottom L shape I was initially thinking of doing it in the 2x2 section but will this detract from the size for four?

My other option is a 2x2 mezanine loft above that section I cannot fit in full size level as I have a nero 4 on stand which will be above that part of the cage

Last edited:
That cage sounds awesome if you do it you should put a picture up so everybody can see how awesome your cage is :)

So the space I have to fit my cage into is 6 grids by 2 grids across the whole width of the room (small house) then I have room to the right side where I can add a 2x2 square. this will house 3 girls and a neutered boar.

I am looking to then build one or two more cages above. This depends on bonding but initially I would be look ing to house my two single boys separetely until I am ready to bond (after quarentine period.)

I am going to try to build them over the long bit 6x2 bit so that they can have plenty of space but only problem is that my nero 4 will cut across top so it will end up 2x4 and I suppose if they do get on I could look to make the 2 floors either attach together to make a 2 story would that help?

my question is I may be able to make bottom 6x3 with 2x2 section but I am only 5ft4 so I dont want upper cages thatvwide as wont be able to reach to clean. Has anyone done this and if so how do you support front wall?

also I am going to make a hay/kitchen section qhete all bottles food etc.. will be for bottom L shape I was initially thinking of doing it in the 2x2 section but will this detract from the size for four?

My other option is a 2x2 mezanine loft above that section I cannot fit in full size level as I have a nero 4 on stand which will be above that part of the cage

As you already suspect - a 6x3 area would be fantastic for your GP's but may be difficult for you to maintain. Also, you may want to catch your GP's to check them over & weigh them and they will be difficult to catch if you have problems reaching in.

People have done some fantastic things with bespoking their C&C cages - some using wood to support . I got a lot of good ideas looking at the following thread ...

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/...ges-homemade-cages.53210/page-15#post-1495423

I'm not that good at DIY and rely heavily on cable ties. I have some 1/2 height balconies like the ones in this thread.

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/c-c-cage-loft-or-no-loft.109696/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back