C&C info- build your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi all

i have measured the nero 3 de-luxe cage (which 'pets at home' said was big enough for 4) and it is only 666 inches squared which is 4.625 square feet, way below the 7.5 minimum. I want to resolve this and i am interested in C&C cages if that is what they are called?

where can i buy the grids from? how much for? and are they actually sold as grids for building a pet cage? probably a stupid question but i am a total noob! just can't seem 2 find them anywhere so assuming they're called something else, i would like 2 buy from a shop rather than purchase online.

thanks....

They are virtually impossible to buy in shops now. Argos and B & Q used to do them but stopped. I was really lucky and got mine on ebay for 99p! You need to shop around, you may be lucky :)

how many cubes come in the set? the screw fix thing is confusing, as it says 4cubes, but the pic only shows 2 full cubes so I'm confused.

I'm looking to build my piggies a bigger cage in sept when i have the money, and am shopping around for c+c stuff, and dont know how many sets id have to buy.

also how do u make the base bit? i think people said they use something called correx or something like that? but how do u shape it to fit round the cage?

screwfix give you 4 cubes, not 2, I think they just put 2 on for the display picture. Work out how big you want your cage to be, and then count how many grids you need. I worked out for my table, I would need 20 grids to make a 7 by 3 cage. So I would probably need 2 packs from them.

For making the correx, follow the instructions on the guineapigcages website, looks simple enough to do. Or you can use lino in the bottom instead.

LOL Can you tell I've been researching this so much over the weekend? : :D

that website was really useful :) ive been pricing correx up on ebay and its not too badly priced.

i didnt think of using lino either.

i think i will need 20ish grids i want to build a 4 by 2, maybe 5 at a push if i have the space, with a smaller second level as a hideyhole, sleeping area maybe, or a food area havent decided yet.

i got my cubes from screwfix - it cost about £45 for 2 sets - i built a 2 x 4 with an upper level of 2x 2

i found correx really easy to find. get the yellow pages and ring up sign makers - i got a sheet of 8 x 4 white correx for £15 - i picked this up to save myself money as it was only a 10 minute drive.

the only problem you may have is whether you have a big enough car to carry it in - the place where i brought mine from cut it to the size i wanted so the bottom for a 2x 4 cage just fit in my dads car

have you thought about what you are going to have on the bottom of the cage? i use newspaper, towels and fleece for the top

Laura

Thanks laura! thats really helpful, we're hoping 2 build a 2x4 with an upper level so probably similar 2 yours! we were thinking of using vetbed for the bottom if we could get enough of it! x

jediquigley said:
i got my cubes from screwfix - it cost about £45 for 2 sets - i built a 2 x 4 with an upper level of 2x 2

i found correx really easy to find. get the yellow pages and ring up sign makers - i got a sheet of 8 x 4 white correx for £15 - i picked this up to save myself money as it was only a 10 minute drive.

the only problem you may have is whether you have a big enough car to carry it in - the place where i brought mine from cut it to the size i wanted so the bottom for a 2x 4 cage just fit in my dads car

have you thought about what you are going to have on the bottom of the cage? i use newspaper, towels and fleece for the top

Laura

ive been wondering what bedding to use in the cage, i already have some towels and fleece i use, what else works well with c+c cages?

yeah i would have ideally liked to use vetbed but after buying all the other materials i couldnt afford it. cos remember you really need 2 times the amount of your cage floor, so when one is being washed and dried the other can be put in the cage.

my fleece cost me £15 and is working well so far apart from the odd time when my 2 boys manage to get underneath

good luck with your C & C i think they are great.

i will be posting a pic of my cage up when my dad finds his digital camera, he has misplaced it grrrrr

laura

I just got 2 lots of vetbed 27" x 43" for approx £20 from ebay.
The seller still has 3 available, just search for vetbed nad it's comes up large vetbed fleece white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back