C&C in sheds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgey

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up my brand new shed.

In the old shed they are all in hutches but I'm wondering if a raised C&C type set up might work better.
I'm thinking of having a split 6ft by 3 ft area along the back for the boys raised of the floor about 3 ft.

the girls I'm not sure whether to have free range on the floor underneath or in a hutch with a lot of access to the floor.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome

Tracyx

Hi i was thinking of doing that too until today, two of my sows decided to scale the C&Cs and got into the next cage which luckily had a neutered boar in. So i'd say be careful about having them raised off the floor, wouldnt want them jumping out and hurting themselves :) mine jumped it without using anything to help them climb and its 15inches high :o i think i will be putting them on the floor now! x

That had crosed my mind so i was thinking having a good 2 foot height on the boys section.
just discussed this with other half and he agrees.

Yes that sounds like a good idea, its unlikely to happen. I have one very naughty piggy and she teaches her baby friend bad habbits ::) none of my others have ever done it!

My concern is about a c&c set up in a shed.
Would they be warm enough after a huch setting?
They will have the same hidey houses which they have in the cages at the moment.
Plus I am getting a heater in the new shed.

I think they should be ok with a heater, I'm going to have the same sort of set up as you by the sounds of it. I was thinking of covering the C&Cs at night, with a curtain or something? And putting curtains over the door and windows to help keep the drafts out :)

My boys got out of a C&C in the shed, thankfully they never touched the girls! But it was too risky for me to try it again so now they are all indoors! If you have same sex pigs then it wouldn't cause a problem if one or two escaped. :)

jnenbnb said:
Yes that sounds like a good idea, its unlikely to happen. I have one very naughty piggy and she teaches her baby friend bad habbits ::) none of my others have ever done it!

Would that be Miss Sephy Emma? ;D ;D

jnenbnb said:
How did you know?! ::) full story in how are you feeling right now? thread lol!

It just had to be her :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Moff to have a look now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back