C&C Cubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick question, how many grids to you get with the screwfix packs? Is it 16?

I need to make a 6x2 for Sunshine and Twinkle to live side by side. :)

Thanks!

Louise
x

I think its 16 or 18 its a 4 cube display see here ttp://www.screwfix.com/cats/A333043/Ironmongery/Shelving-Systems/Storage-Cubes

Thanks Dazie! I've just ordered a set. I can always get more if I need them for an upstairs. Need to do 6x2 with grids down the middle to seperate S&T.

I got something like 20 in one, 19 in another and 17 in one 98) so i'd say around 18 to be safe ;D

Hehe thanks Emma, yeah I need 18 really but I've always got my blue ones that I can use on one end if I only get 16. Have you put all yours together now?

Debs you need a 6x4 pen for 6 adults which is 20 grids. :)

i got 17 in mine. was a bit miffied as i didnt have enough to make a second level when i thought i would, so had to make it longer instead

They had fisticuffs this morning. It was one big ball of white and orange! :-\ Peter seperated them and we tried to introduce again but Twinkle kept going for Sunshine so sadly they are now seperated. Twink is currently in Emily's room. Emily is playing up there so he has some company until morning.

I've bought some grids and they can live side by side in a 6x2. My hutch can go back outside. I do have the blue grids and I've just thought I can use them for the outter edge and use the mesh ones to seperate. I can do an upstairs with the rest of the mesh grids for Pudsey and Eccles! :)

Thats a shame Louise. Sounds like what Alex and Dave did. I think you should use it as an excuse to get them both nuetered and get another two girlie pigs! Lol!

LOL That's an option! ;D Sunshine could get neutered and then live with Flora and Fleur but Twinkle will be alone then and I don't want that. So I thought I'll give this living side by side a go and maybe when they are over the 12 month mark I can bond them slowly and see if Twinkle calms down.

Poor Twinks, it's like we are always on his back, hopefully as he gets older he will calm down. Fingers crossed!

Are Dave and Alex seperated too?

Yep. I tried to rebond them, but it wouldnt work. I didnt try for very long though, to be honest. Dave now lives with my mum and a baby boar called James. Alex is here with me. Peggy is currently staying with him, but Alex will be going to live with Pasiphae next week to stay with her lone sow Coco.

I dont have room to do a 6foot long (I'm assuming thats what 6x4 means?) one but maybe I could somehow go upwards?
Rather than having them in a room my cat could go into...I thought I could go as long as I can, but then upwards aswell...would that be suitable? Had a friend round earlier and he reckons they look pretty easy to do so I'd be getting him to do them for me!
The floor they'd be going on is already lino tiles...would I still need correx on top of that? Or some over kind of covering?

I've used lino instead of correx before, and its just as good. I don't know if lino tiles would work though. ?

Another worry is how dirty they are...how do you clean it up off just a plain flat floor? Cos I dont think u can litter train them?

couldnt sunshine go in with the boys and twinke go in with the ladies? :-\

Twinkle isn't neutered Kel. He'd have a field day. ;D Oh god, more Twinkles running around, it's like Gremlins all over again!

I was going to try and bond Sunshine, Pudsey and Eccles but Barmy for Boars doesn't advise it if you have an established pair you are better off leaving them. I can't chance it, I don't have the space for 4 seperated boys...lol

:)

Debs, I use a layer of newspaper and then hay. I just roll up the newspaper with the hay inside to clean it out.

I know you asked ages ago lol but no Louise mine arent all together, just got one huge C&C with grids separating it into 3, 4x2s :) if that makes sense?! :D

The newspaper thing is a great idea, thanks. Id need about 10 layers with the way my lot wee! lol
Now just gotta work out how you do extra height...anyone help me? I can guess how to add the levels, but what about ramps etc?

lol Louise i know he isnt neutered but i meant you could get him neutered? :-\ and i think your right not risking putting sunshine in with the boars :)

but you could end up with 4 sets instead of 3 now ;D

Hehe Kel I thought you forgot! :D To be honest if it goes pair shaped for Pudsey and Eccles then I'll do the same, 6x2 divided. Up to now they are fine though. Eccles doesn't care that Pudsey rumbles all over him.

I'll get S&T in the c&c tomorrow then next week sort out Pudsey and Eccles to live on top. And Peter said to get the girls a cage from zooplus as they can't live in the corner forever as we can't get at the fishtank. So I'm getting them a 4x2 as I've told them no pigs are living outside.

Neutering is always an option but I'll try this and see how it goes. Why didn't I just get Sows? 98) Nah, wouldn't part with my mad alecs! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back